This could easily refer to the conversations I had with some of the guys I dated. The wall part, not the Universe part… I never dated anyone quite that enlightened.
Five days a week, with a minimum of 4 times a day, I see this wall hollering at me…
And this is an anthology of my thoughts – and possible answers - from the past week, walking by the Love Me wall…
- Go fuck yourself.
- If only you’d let me!
- How about YOU love ME for a change? You pathetic sorry crap ass low life motherfucking bastard!
- Fucking hell it’s cold. I don’t think I’ll survive walking to the… Wooohooo wall!
- I totally could, ‘cause I got the love. I got the love! I got the lo-ow-ow-ove! Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air! I know I can count on you…
- I wonder who painted that… I wonder if he’s cute. He could be cute… or not. Probably not, if you have to beg people to love you at the corner of Canal and Broadway… he’s probably cheap too… “what? No I don’t need a fake Hermès bag! I don’t sponsor terrorism!”
- The hell. I don’t know you.
- I do! And I love butterflies too! And waffles. Oh my, this feels like spring! I feel like skipping! Do people still skip? They should! We should totally reinvent skipping. I’d skip everywhe… wait. Did I bring my cell phone? Oh God – oh God – oh God… oh! Pfiew. Hey wall.
- But you’re a wall!! People can’t love walls… can they? I kinda like that wall, though… I really do.
- You’re so needy!
- I totally could but I don’t wanna.
- OHMYGODTHEWALLISGO… oh wait, disorientated.
- … baby! I’m not somebody on the side, I need you to touch me, baby! There’s no shame, in loving one another, baby! I see certain insecurities… but it’s alright.**
- (ever since March 17th 2012) I should take a picture of that wall… (of my to-do list as from now)
I always felt like me walking past that wall so frequently might be a freakishly sign from the Universe or something… and then my horoscope today quoted Rumi: “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” And… yeah. The Universe can kick some butt.
Also, I might be slightly ADD and very musically talented.
** Imagine some groovy moves anno 2009 and a tune in your head for the rest of the day…